Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out of my hands

I just dropped off my nursing application at Calhoun. UAH's application was due last month and I should be hearing back from them soon. I really hope that I get into UAH's nursing program but I am not encouraged about it since they accept people who did all of their undergrad there over transfer students. I am really looking forward to knowing what's going to happen in the Fall. I am ready to get back to school. Actually, I am ready to be FINISHED with school. Ben and I were talking about my schooling the other day and we were thinking about what I would do if I did not get into either program. If I don't get in I'm pretty sure that would be a closed door on nursing all together. But like I said, it's out of my hands and I am so thankful for that. God knows exactly what school I will be going to, and exactly where I will be working afterwards. I should rest in that. Easier said than done for me sometimes. I will let you guys know when I hear something, good or bad.

I just read great news! Friends from church have their little girl! They have been in Ukraine going through the adoption process and now have a beautiful little girl named Sophie! PRAISE GOD for his faithfulness during this time of ups and downs for their family! Scott, Amy, and Noah-she's beautiful! We can't wait to be a part of her life!

On to sad news...our friend, Ben, from Florida passed away last night. This was expected, but it is still so hard for his friends and family. He had cystic fibrosis. I am so thankful to know that he is home right now and has been given a new body with perfect lungs. That picture makes me smile!

Ben has been in "class" this week. He is getting some of his licenses to sell more stuff. That's about as much info on what he's doing that you will get from me. I know no clue. If you are curious, ask him. That banking world is foreign to me.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Sweet Jess...
I am praying for you and your future. Isn't it sweet comfort to know that "I know the plans I have for you...to give you a hope and a future". HIS words always bring peace when the storms of doubt are all around. I am hoping you can find rest in HIM during this season of your life...
I love you both so very much!
Aunt Dana

Anonymous said...

praying for you guys!