Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Prayer request

Hello friends! Ben and I are humbly asking for your prayers. Ben was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, or MS. It has been a long process of doctors, MRIs and all sorts of tests that started about 2 years ago. If you were like us and didn't know much about MS then check out this website... http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/multiple-sclerosis/DS00188

Of course this is not the news you want to hear as newlyweds, or ever for that matter, but we know that we have a powerful God who is in control and we rest in that. A verse that I repeat to myself often these days is Isaiah 46: 4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

A few specific prayer requests...

-The medication that Ben will be taking is an injection. Ben does NOT like shots. Pray that it is painless as possible and that he does not pass out when I have to give him a shot!
-The medication has possible side effects that Ben does not have to deal with on a weekly basis.
-The "disease process" slows and the numbness in his legs goes away.


Thanks in advance for your prayers and support.

2 comments:

Bull said...

What the junk? I saw him at breakfast, and his muscles did not seem especially sclerosified. That's crazy. We'll be praying, let us know if there's anything we can do.

Anonymous said...

prayin' out west! :) loved getting to see you guys Saturday... seriously made my trip.