Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jan update

I believe in a past blog post I said that I loved cold weather. Let me rephrase. I love cold weather for about 2 weeks, or when it produces snow you can ski on. That being said I am soooo ready for spring/summer. Today was pretty nice but I know it's gonna get cold again. I am really looking forward to bring back the flip flops. Washing so many pairs of socks is getting old. The only time I have to wash my socks in the summer is when I work out/wear tennis shoes and at the rate I am going there will be no socks to wash...shame on me. I also know that Ben is ready for the warm weather. He keeps on wearing his Red Bar shirt and talking about Destin so his mind is definitely at the beach.

We have been pretty busy since we got back from the trip. Ben is coaching the Huntsville JV lacrosse team. I know he's so excited about it and he will do a great job. Guess this means I get to spend my future Saturdays being the coach's supportive wife at tournaments. Does that mean I have to bring juice boxes and orange slices?? Last week I worked at the Huntsville Hospital apparel show and it wore me out! Over 50 hours in 4 days! But I was just grateful to have the opportunity to work. I still have not gotten a job. I interviewed for a position at an urgent care but never heard back from them. The interview went well and I felt confident leaving so it was discouraging not to hear back from them. Keep praying! I am also working on applying to a bunch of different programs, nursing and others, to start in the fall. I am so ready to go back to school. Actually, I am so ready to be finished with school and have my degree. We also are in the new members Sunday school class at Church and really enjoying it. I have been so blessed to have grown up in a church with solid doctrine and theology and it's exciting to continue that at my new church.

Last weekend we went to Birmingham to stay with Meredith and see Sean McConnell perform. Sean is one of my absolute favorite singers. I have no idea how such a powerful voice can come from a guy about my height. It was so fun to spend time with everyone. It was me, Ben, Meredith, Alan, Chris and Meredith's friend Jessica. She was cool, but I wouldn't expect anything less with a name like that! Unfortunately the place was not the best venue I've ever been to. I never actually feared for my safety but I sure was glad we had three boys with us. It was so good to spend time with Meredith's family. I enjoy our good breakfast talks every time I stay with them.

Last night we went to the UAH hockey game with the Calverts (minus Ben's mom). I should have counted how many mighty ducks references Ben and I made throughout the night. Everything from "it's knucklepuck time" to "make them make the first move Charlie". I also thought they were going to do a flying V every time someone had the puck behind the net. I wish! We also assigned names to the players according to which character they reminded us of. It was a good night.

Tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday and I don't have a huge opinion either way. I am choosing to go for the Cardinals because Caylen and David just moved to Phoenix. Unless Peyton Manning is playing then I usually don't care about the NFL. Hope everyone enjoys watching!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MISS YOU! GO CARDS!

Anonymous said...

ignore above post... call me a fairweather fan if you want, because that is what i am with the cardinals. the superbowl is the first time i watched a whole game of theirs. whatev. for the record, the refs were ridiculous and made some very pro-steelers calls. i think obama was the one up there reviewing plays..

praying for the job situation, hang in there. love you!!!

Anonymous said...

ps- don't ignore the first 2 words of top post, just last 2. thanks