Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 5 (revised edition)

Whoa...wait just a minute! I don't know where Jess ever got the idea that Narnia was a "non-manly" place.  I mean, it's only played host to a number of epic battles between the forces of good and evil. And...for the record, driving through the beautiful back country of the rockies looked just like Narnia before Aslan came and regulated. So what if I was pretending to be King Peter on his way to kill the White Witch. That being said, today was definitely the best day of the trip. Last night it snowed almost a foot, blanketing the forest in fresh powder. Perfect conditions for snowmobiling. We also got to eat at this awesome restaurant in downtown Crested Butte called Timberline. For any of you have ever seen the show "The Hills," it's the restaurant that Heidi's parents own. Jess ordered an awesome looking steak while I tried to venture out and order one of the house specials. It was really good but I couldn't help but wish that steak would somehow transport across the table to my plate. Oh well, there's still several more nights for me to satisfy my steak desires. 

No comments: