Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Days 6 & 7

Sorry it's taken me to long to update you guys on the last few days. I had carefully thought out and written the blog a few days ago but somehow lost it before I could post it. How annoying is that??

The last two days of skiing were my favorites, because Ben was with me the whole time! Like I have been saying, he's a natural. We went exploring over pretty much the entire mountain and did some hard blues. I almost took us down a few blacks that we probably would not have survived, but we made it!

One thing I love about Crested Butte is the Adaptive Sports Center. Towards the end of the week we started seeing more blind skiers with their guides and paralyzed children pretty much flying down the mountain. I love that! What a great program! I would love to work with a program like that one day and if it happens to be in Crested Butte...I wouldn't hate it! You should check it out. http://www.skicb.com/cbmr/mountain/adaptive-sports-center.aspx

Traveling home was a disaster. Never fly through Chicago in the winter. Delays, and then more delays made our travel time a good 13 hours on Saturday. Leaving was depressing enough, we didn't need that. But we made it and we are home!

Sorry, I realize this was not a very informative post but I am still angry about losing the one I wrote earlier. Keep up the prayers on my job situation!

No comments: