Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Victory Dinner

Hello all! I am typing this with a full stomach and a very proud ego. Before I tell you where I had dinner, I will tell you how I got this dinner. I won a bet. I understand people's arguments about how betting is wrong buuuuut it's a pretty healthy part of mine and Ben's relationship. From the time we first started dating we found out how competitive the other person really was. Especially when it comes to our opinions on sports. We agree on the biggies, like the Braves and Auburn football, but past that we are complete opposites. For example Ben has a man crush on Tom Brady, while I think that no one can top Peyton Manning. He agreed with Brett Favre's decision to come back to the NFL (after quitting) and play with the Jets, but I sympathized with the outraged Packers fans who could not believe he would play for another team. He thinks our son will play lacrosse, but my boy's gonna play baseball for the Braves so his momma can retire and travel around the country with the team. But the difference of opinion that gave me dinner of my choice was the South Carolina vs Clemson game. I love Clemson, I almost went there for college. I probably love it because it's so much like Auburn. I also love it because I have awesome memories of a road trip with my dad when going to visit schools. Ben on the other hand loves South Carolina. He really has no good reason, but has always pulled for them as his second favorite in the SEC. So we made a bet on the game: whoever won got to choose what meal we wanted (exception Ruth's Chris). Just in case you didn't see the game Clemson won 31-14, meaning at least one team of Tigers won that weekend. So I got to choose my meal!

Now is the point that most people will be disappointed in me. I could have chosen ANY meal but we ended up at Olive Garden. Go ahead and judge me, I don't care. I have been CRAVING the seafood alfredo for months. I don't really like anything else there, it's just that one dish. I can never convince Ben that it's a good idea to go eat there and I really can't blame him. But tonight I ate my seafood alfredo with a smile on my face, and I will eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow with that same smile. Pasta tastes better when you win it! And when you can say "I was right" in between bites.

It's a good thing we love each others competitive side, cause I have a feeling it's not going anywhere.

2 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

I love Peyton Manning too, but I also have a (wo)man crush on Tom Brady. As for Olive Garden, I am not afraid to say that I enjoy a trip there from time to time. The salad and bread sticks are delish and I think there manicotti is good. Good for you for following your heart! ha. Glad you got to watch a Clemson win since the other Tigers WENT DOWN!!!!! Kidding. I won't be that obnoxious.

Ashley Turnbull said...

CONGRATS! Who cares what the bet was - you WON...that's all that matters =). When did you eat this meal? Was this last night AFTER your DELIGHTFUL club dinner (enter sarcasm). I was craving a big fat BURGER when I left that place.