Monday, November 16, 2009

Love in Action

My husband loves me. I am very confident in this, and he tells me often. But it sure is special to have it demonstrated to you...

Ben came home during his lunch break today to help me study for a validation I had this afternoon. He could have gone to his lunch favorites like Chick fil a or Five Guys but he came home to eat leftovers to help quiz me. And let me tell you, this wasn't just your average study material. Catheters anyone...? Ben doesn't even like hearing the word "blood" or "needle" so this was a stretch for him. He had to look at sentences I am sure he regrets laying eyes on, and while he was quizzing me he kept on staring at the catheter I had laying on the floor and wincing. I don't think he was aware he was doing that...so funny!

This is what he walked in the door to see. Poor guy.


Ben - I love you and thank you. Hope you don't have nightmares.

2 comments:

Dana said...

hey, if you are dealing with asplat catheters your uncle tom is becoming quite the pro. but if it is "the other kind"...not so much.

and yes i would say ben is a keeper. but then, so my sweet one so are you! i have missed you. hope everything is going well. and that these last few weeks go by quickly. i am thinking of you. i know this is hard. but you can do it!

love you so much!
aunt dana

Mary Martha said...

Glad I read that right before dinner. Thanks. He is a champ. Also jealous that you have multiple chickfila's to choose from. Our 1 is not so conveniently located. Good luck wrapping up! I feel your pain!