Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Right now watching the Fox News election updates is stressing me out, so I am gonna update you guys on happier things.

This past weekend Ben and I went to Nashville. Friday night we spent the night with Will. I was really excited about this, and I was happy that Ben got to spend time with him. We went to downtown Nashville, which was so much fun! It all has so much character! For the country music fan, it's heaven. For me, it was tolerable. But Ben LOVED it. We went to a bar named Tootsie's that had a guy covering songs from Roger Creager (one of Ben's favorites). After that we walked around and went to a few other places, just to explore. We ended up in a karaoke bar called Wannabes. Usually just the idea of a karaoke bar is enough to make me sweat and feel a bit nauseous due to a chance of being tricked onto the stage. But we had a great time there! Now, karaoke in Nashville is different than anywhere else. There were people who were AMAZING and obviously hoping to get discovered. There were also people wanting to get discovered that have no business holding a microphone and singing. A good friend really should tell them they have no talent. One of those things where my friend Mary Martha would just have to say "bless their heart". Then there's Will. I have never been more proud to be his friend. He got up there and sang Jesse's Girl with all his heart. Good for him, I will never do that.

Saturday and Sunday we were house sitting/babysitting for my aunt and uncle. I love their family so much, and it's always fun going up there. They are my only Auburn support in the family, I come from a long line of Alabama and Tennessee fans. We watched a lot of football, and I am choosing not to comment about the Auburn game. But the Texas/Texas Tech game was INSANE!

Update on school: all of the forms are in except the letter from the Dean of Nursing from Southern Union, so when that gets in I should be good to go! This is exciting and scary. I am looking forward to meeting with the teachers to get some direction on what to study to refresh on my past nursing classes, but I am also scared because there is so, so much information to restudy. Nursing classes are not just something you can "generally understand". You have to know facts, lots of them, especially when it comes to Pharmacology. So this pretty much means, if you want to find me I will most likely be at Stearns Coffee studying for the next 2 years. When I start back in Jan I will be taking classes that include labor & delivery so I am VERY excited about that, since that's where I want to work after graduation.

Please be praying that my transition to a new nursing program goes smoothly!

No comments: