Sunday, November 23, 2008

hate shopping.

I've been saving money in order to buy some winter clothes. I may have fooled everyone at church into thinking that I haven't worn the same pants 4 weeks in a row, but I doubt I can get away with 5. So I have been saving my money instead of finding ways to spend it all on the usuals: coffee, sour patch kids, books, sushi, and more coffee. Dang, I just realized that's mainly things I eat or drink. I should work on that. Anyways, I have saved up a decent amount of money and I headed to Bridge Street with Ben, Joe and Jen with my hopes high that I will be leaving with a pair of jeans, some nice shirts and if I am super lucky a pair of shoes. Here's the deal. I can go shopping with no intentions to buy something and I find tons of things I would love to bring home to fill my closet. But not this time. Nooooo I actually have a purpose to this shopping trip and I find nothing. Nothing in my size, nothing under a ridiculous amount of money, and nothing I like. Seriously??

As I am typing this I realize how materialistic I sound. But a girl needs some new clothes sometimes. Hopefully I will have better luck during the after Thanksgiving sales...

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Hey, girl, NEVER KNEW that you had on the same pants. LOVED them =). And, you should check out Forever 21 in the Parkway Place. Trendy and CHEAP. If you love the oversized shirt look or the dress over leggins/pants look, or just want some trendy things, go there. Also, I find jeans at Old Navy. Won't last forever, but they are comfy (and have stretch - love that).

Good luck!!!

Confession: I hate Christmas shopping!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha, jess, hates shopping?!?! i NEVER would have known! :) you, me and mm need a conference call asap!

Mary Martha said...

OOh I am all about a conference call! That can be arranged!
Belk has a decent sale now jess! I may even have a coupon you could use.