Friday, August 7, 2009

Things worth sharing

Since I haven't taken the pictures I promised (Caylen) of the new place I figured I would update on a few things first...

See these books? I bought these today from the UAH bookstore. 15 books for 4 classes. 15 required books for one semester. 15!!?!?!? It's a bit overwhelming. This will be my life for the next 2 years.

Last night Mary Martha came over for dinner. Unfortunately it was a goodbye dinner. She is moving to St. Louis to start the counseling program at Covenant Seminary. She will be wonderful up there. I will miss her so much. Actually just thinking about it now makes me very upset so I am going to move on to a better topic...like food. Ben grilled steaks, and I made corn casserole, english peas, and my favorite salad with poppy seed dressing. I could finally make a salad and someone would eat it! We had Lemon Blueberry Cake for dessert. The food was good, but the company was even better. We will both miss you very much MM!


Now that we live in a house we have more responsibilities than we did in the apartment. One of these responsibilities is cutting the grass. I am fully capable of this chore, the Martin girls were taught how to use a mower, but having a husband to do it is very handy. Unfortunately the lawn mower broke down in the middle of the yard. This is Ben (a very frustrated Ben) dragging it to the garage. He was not thrilled at the moment but I enjoyed watching the scene from inside.


This was my birthday surprise from Ben. Roses, a sweet card and creme brulee from Fresh Market. Well done Benjamin. I even got to torch it. I am sure that is not the correct terminology but "torching" it sounds very hardcore. So I am sticking with it.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can kinda see the kitchen (i think?!) behind mm. that is a good start.

Ashley Turnbull said...

The Ben picture made me laugh...Adam hates yardwork, too! Cutting the grass is just such a pain!!! Anyway...he did a great job w/ your birthday...yay Ben!!!