Saturday, August 29, 2009

Outdoor table

Dear Creative Friends,

I need you. I am not being down on myself. I know I have many strengths ( even though after 5 hours of studying Pathophysiology today I discovered that subject is definitely NOT on my list of strengths). I can listen, I can climb a mountain and I can take your vital signs but I am not creative. That is where all of my talented and creative friends come in.

I have this table...

...and I want to make it over. It's like HGTV minus the cameras, awkward staged moments and any experience. This table was my grandparent's kitchen table. Dad has film of his 1st birthday eating cake from this table. You can't just throw that away and buy something new from Target. I would like to use this as outdoor furniture on our back covered patio. So, how do I do it? My first idea was to fly Caylen in from Phoenix for the weekend so she could do it but I can't really afford that. So moving on to Plan B...I've got nothing. It needs to be thoroughly cleaned. That I can handle. After that I don't know what to do. The black paint is chipping so I know something needs to be done there. The black is fine but I am not emotionally attached to it so that can be changed. Here are a few photos to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.





One thing I do know is I want to recover the seats. I am sure there is a certain kind of fabric I need to use. Right now the fabric is wanna be Williams Sonoma, itchy if you sit on it with shorts, and full of stains.
Please help. Suggestions, ideas, any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated. You can comment or just email me. Trust me...if you don't help I will paint it blue, with a different shade of blue fabric on the seats, and plant blue flowers around it. And no one wants that.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! The picture of the all-blue table and chairs is cracking me up.. and i KNOW if there is no intervention that all-blue will be the result. If the paint is chipping, you'll probably have to sand those spots at least before repainting. Whoa nelly those cushions!!! We need to find a good outdoor material that you like (probably something with BLUE in it) and then recover those seats. It looks like that would be a quick and very easy upgrade for sure. I think I'd probably refresh the black paint OR go with whatever matches the new material.

First stop: a great indoor/outdoor material that you like. I'll start looking :)