Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Big sigh of relief

I just talked to Ben. He had his first infusion today in Cullman and it went well. Maybe a better way to say it is nothing bad happened. Ben's view of something going "well" does not include needles. When I was sitting in class during the time of his infusion I was about to have a panic attack. When I found out that I could not go with him...I freaked out. I've been on the verge of tears all week. I'm not a big cryer so that means something. It's not like I have any control over what was going to happen but I just wanted to be there. Thankfully his mom was able to go with him. He would have been fine on his own, which he told me over and over again as I didn't listen, but I am so glad she was there. I might as well have made the drive to Cullman with him because I was not paying attention in class at all today. Oops. I kept on looking at people wondering why they were acting so normal when MY husband was doing something scary today. Just being honest.

They are on their way to get another MRI, and then they will be heading home. I can't wait to give him a hug! Thanks for your prayers today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! (glad that its over, not that it had to happen)

i'm right there with ya Ben on the needle thing... but no shot on Friiidayyyy! woohoo!

praying for a CLEAR mri & safe travel.

Mary Martha said...

Praise the Lord the first part of today is over with! I've been thinking about both of you! Love you guys. Hang in there!

Dana said...

i so get it...
and love you so very much!
aunt dana

Ashley Turnbull said...

So glad to know that it all went well. You guys are troopers, but God is doing a work in your lives, that's for sure. To his glory!!!! We'll keep praying!