Monday, August 9, 2010

Severe Heat Advisory

It's hot outside. I mean, really hot. I am hot natured anyways so combine that with this summer's heat and being *almost* 37 weeks pregnant and you get misery. I keep on checking the weather online and it has said constantly over the last few weeks ALERT: Severe Heat Advisory. Yikes. Granted I am not sure who gets to determine that a certain region should be on alert due to high temperature, but it must mean something!

To help get through the rest of the summer I decided to share a few pictures of my absolute favorite place on earth. It's a place with cooler weather, beautiful scenery and did I mention cooler weather?

Mountains and snow. What a beautiful sight!
Knee deep in snow. I would pay good money to be able to do that at this very moment.
Camp 4 Coffee: our favorite breakfast spot or mid-day treat. We needed the warm coffee because it was so COLD. What a concept!
It was so cold that it felt good to be near fires. Now it just feels like I am near a fire when I get into my black car with black interior.

Am I just complaining? Yes. I will also take any excuse to pretend I am back in Crested Butte. As I type this it is starting to rain...hoping it will bring down the temp! Unfortunately Maggie is now frolicking around the backyard trying to lick the raindrops from the sky. I should try to go chase her and bring her in but maybe I will just wait 15 minutes until Ben gets home from work. She loves him more anyways :)

No comments: