Monday, July 11, 2011

The Big 5-0

 My dad turned 50 in June, so we had a surprise party for him at our house.  I can't take credit for the idea...or the planning.  I just cleaned the house and opened the door for my sisters and mom to bring the food and the guests to arrive.  We actually pulled off the surprise (even though all the cars were parked in the church parking lot right in front of the house and I thought there was no way he would miss it!)  It was fun to celebrate with our family and friends, and I know it was special for my dad.


 No birthday is complete without a cookie cake!


You would think that all of these wonderful people would be looking at the birthday boy....


...but this little guy was the entertainment for the night.  He is turning into quite the performer.  Thankfully he did not pick up an ounce of his mother's shyness.


I am so thankful for my sweet Dad.  I already knew that he was a great father, husband, and friend but now we get to add being an awesome Pops to his resume!

No comments: