Thursday, June 2, 2011

Beach Trip

My family loves the beach.  I mean LOOOOVES the beach.  So I expected Parker to immediately love the beach.  After all, it is in his genes.  It was much more of a process than I had expected.  Thankfully we captured some of the process on camera.  

First day at the pool:  not a fan of the water.  The moment his feet hit the water there was a lot of crying and pitiful faces.  


It was only better when he was being held and there was no part of him touching the water.  


We went to the beach to take a nap.  We had to be careful not to touch the sand though...not a fan of that either.

Day two:  he magically loves the water!  Ben took him in there first and he was loving it.  I am not sure what changed but I was not about to question it!


He was taking it easy and loving life in his float.  

Day 3:  He had a blast with his dad in the ocean!  Parker is much braver than his mom because he went out farther than I did.  I am going to try my best not to let my overwhelming fear of jellyfish rub off on my son :)


We had such a great time as a family on this trip.  We all enjoyed introducing Parker to the many exciting things that come with a Martin beach trip including lunch on the way in to town at Sea-n-Suds, lots of fun times in the sand, plenty of good food and most importantly quality time with family.  Only problem with this trip is that it ended.


Ben and Jamie with McGuire's famous root beer


Parker, Gami, and Pops


Jen and Joe looking good as always ;)


Our handsome beach boy

1 comment:

Jen said...

i have an idea. we should go back...NOW