Sunday, May 2, 2010

Turner Field > Prom

This weekend was Huntsville High School's prom. Jamie, my youngest sister, is a junior. She decided to skip the prom and take the family to Atlanta for a Braves game instead! It's one of the many reasons I love her. Someone asked her who she was going to prom with and she replied Yunel Escobar. That's my girl. He didn't even know who she was talking about so obviously he wasn't worthy to take her in the first place.

We left for Atlanta early Saturday morning, despite a dreary weather forecast. We were very hopeful that the rain would stay away. We made it to Atlanta, picked up my Aunt Judy and Uncle Nelson and made it to downtown Atlanta in time to meet Jen and Joe for lunch before the game. Our seats were pretty awesome, we were 2 rows from the field right by the bat boy. I love checking out all the different sections in Turner Field, and I am not sure I have a favorite one just yet.

The weather....oh the weather. We were very thankful that the rain held off! There were a few sprinkles in the very beginning but after that the sun was out for most of the game. Again let me say, very thankful for that, BUT totally not prepared for the extreme humidity and direct sunlight. It made me feel huge. And it's not even summer! Oh well, nothing a few waters and frozen lemonade couldn't fix!

We had a great weekend, and Jamie - I hope you enjoyed your prom. I sure did!






p.s. I am almost positive I felt Parker doing the chop with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!

Mary Martha said...

You are so cute in the braves shirt!