Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Wonderful Surprise!

We are having a baby! We were waiting to talk about it until we were able to have a doctor's appointment. Our first appointment was yesterday and everything looks great! We were able to see our baby on the ultrasound and hear the heart beat. I am 9 weeks along and due September 2nd. Unfortunately I have been very sick for a few weeks. I realize that it's a good sign that the baby is "taking well" but not being able to keep food down makes school ( and pretty much everything else) difficult. Thankfully the doctor gave me a prescription so I can get back on track with school and clinicals. After all, no one in the hospital wants to be taken care of by someone who keeps on getting sick!

Even though we were shocked to hear this news, we are thrilled beyond belief. It's an exciting time for our families as well...the first grandchild! My guess: girl. Ben's guess: boy. At least one of us will be right!

5 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

WHOHOO! Glad the secret is out - so excited for you guys! It will be an incredible journey, and I can't wait to see it unfold for you both. You are going to make great parents!!!

Dana said...

YAY. YAY. YAY.
I no longer have to not tell!
Can't wait to spoil this baby...
I am so excited for all of us!
Love you both...I mean all 3 of you!
Aunt Dana

Anonymous said...

little calvert is already so so cute!! eeee!!!!!!!!

meredithmoorer said...

This makes me want to cry! How is it already so cute?!?

Mrs. Pie said...

Hey, congratulations! I just found your blog through the grapevine, and I saw your news. Very cool. Good to see you two are doing so well.
-Amanda